The Kano State Fire Service has rescued a 50-year-old woman, Hajiya Amina Mohammed, after she accidentally fell into a pit latrine at her residence
The Public Relations Officer of the service, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, disclosed this in Kano.
Mohammed said the incident occurred when the woman was trying to use the latrine at her residence in Dambatta Kofar Kudu, Dambatta local government area of the state.
He said the service received a distress call from Mohammed Rabiu, the victim’s brother, shortly after the incident at about 10:00 a.m.
He said: “Upon receiving the information, we quickly dispatched our rescue team and a vehicle to the scene at 10:09 a.m.”
Mohammed said the woman, who sustained slight injury was rescued alive and taken to Dambatta General Hospital for proper medical attention.
He advised residents to be cautious in using pit latrines to avoid such accident